Deliveries & Returns
Shipping prices are based upon Royal mail prices and can be found in your shopping cart. If you find the cost of shipping to be too high please contact us and we will try to find a cheaper carrier.
|UK Standard Delivery (£0 - £24.99)||£2.50|
|UK Standard Delivery (Over £25 Spend)||FREE|
|UK Next Business Day (Excluding Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Channel Islands)||£6.99|
|Scottish Highlands Standard Delivery (£0 - £24.99)||£2.50|
|Scottish Highlands (Over £25 Spend)||FREE|
|Channel Islands Standard Delivery (£0 - £24.99)||£2.50|
|Channel Islands Standard Delivery (Over £25 Spend)||FREE|
|Europe||From £2.00 to £26.00|
|Worldwide||From £3.00 to £26.00|
UK Delivery Time
Parcels sent by Royal Mails First or Second Class Packet Post service are generally delivered quickly. We advise that delivery times are 1-2 working days from despatch to UK Mainland Only. Royal Mail quotes that 92% of 1st Class packets arrive the next working day. This is not a next day guaranteed service.
Please Note: Excluding postcodes are: IV, HS, KA27-28, KW, PA20-49, PA60-78, PH17-26, PH30-44, PH49-50, ZE
UK Despatch Time
Orders are processed or printed within 24 hours after receiving the order. If there is an issue, we will contact you, please ensure you leave your correct phone number and email address.
Next Day Delivery
A Fixed Price of: £6.99 Including VAT - (Excluding Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Channel Islands)
If you order before 3pm, Your parcel will be delivered next working day and will be delivered any time between 8.30am until 6pm.
If after 3:00pm you would like to see if next day delivery is still possible, please call us.
My order has not arrived yet what shall I do
If you have not received your delivery after 7 working days from the day your order was dispatched, please follow the instructions below.
1) Check with other members of your household or neighbours if specified that the goods may be delivered to them in your absence.
2) Check with your local Royal Mail Delivery Office that the parcel is not being held. Often they are unable to deliver it as there is no one home and the parcel gets returned to the delivery office. Please ensure you request the Post Masters name when doing so.
3) Once you have done this please contact us with these details and your order number and we will be happy to help you out as best we can.
International orders are sent via Royal Mail International Delivery.
For orders placed that are bulky or exceed the weight allowed for the order total a surcharge will need to be applied. We will calculate this and email you with a choice to pay the additional charges or cancel your order.
All Standard International Delivery items are shipped either by Airmail or Surface mail, at our discretion.This service does not provide insurance or tracking. Should you require tracking or insurance for your goods, this can be provided at an extra charge, please email us for further details before you place your order. We are not responsible or have control over charges or taxes for importing the package into your destination county, nor are we responsible for time delays caused by this also.
Please check with your local Customs and Duty Office before ordering. We are also not responsible for the cost of returned goods due to the non payment of Tax and customs charges.
Out of Stock & Substitution
In the unlikely event that we cannot satisfy your order due to stock unavailability, we will contact you (via e-mail or telephone) to offer you an alternative or to determine how you want to proceed with your order.
Refunds and Returns
MakeBake will replace the goods you purchase if the goods you purchase:
- are not of merchantable quality (i.e. if your cake is damaged at time of delivery – but not if you simply do not like the taste of the cake)
- don't match any description given of the goods (this would include corresponding with a photograph of the goods)
- are not free from defects.
Please note, all food products are perishable, so MakeBakeexpects that you take due care to properly store the goods a in accordance with the nature of the product. If you are not clear on this, please check with us first.
This is your responsibility. We cannot accept responsibility if food is stored in conditions that are not appropriate.
If you do find you have a legitimate problem with products or goods you purchase from MakeBake, you should stop using the goods immediately and approach us as soon as possible to explain the fault or problem. Please make sure you keep the goods in the condition that you claim has the problem.
You need to approach us regarding any problems with your goods within ‘a reasonable period of time’. What is reasonable depends on the goods, their use and any other relevant information.
As a rule we will require that they be returned to us within 7 days of the date of purchase for examination of the problem and in order to assess whether to replace the goods or refund you, at our discretion.
Please note that we will not be in a position to address your problem where you have been careless or unreasonable in your demands.
Note, MakeBake are not required to provide you with a refund if you have simply changed your mind or you find a similar or the same item more cheaply elsewhere.
MakeBake may also require a receipt of proof of purchase.
In the event at our discretion we do refund you (as opposed to replace goods) for orders placed online or over the telephone - we will credit back the original credit card on which the order was purchased. Alternatively, we will issue you with a credit voucher.
How To Return Your Item
- Contact the MakeBake Customer Service team via our Priority Call 0115 9699848 number. A customer service representative will evaluate your return request, record all the necessary product return information and issue you with a Return Authorisation Number. The Customer Service Representative will also provide you address details of where to send your return.
- You must obtain a Return Authorisation Number immediately to ensure that you are eligible for a replacement or refund.
- Send your item as directed. Please ensure that your Return Authorisation Number is clearly displayed on the return packaging.
- As soon as the return has been received, you will be contacted if a replacement product will be shipped.
- The return must be received by MakeBake within (5) fourteen days of the Return Authorisation Number being issued.
- If it is determined that there will be a Replacement product – it will only be shipped after the faulty item has been received by MakeBake.
- All returns must have a Return Authorisation Number.
- Any item that is returned to MakeBake without a Return Authorisation Number will be returned to sender.
If you feel that your return falls outside of our policy, then you will need to contact us first on Priority Call 0115 9699848 to confirm if your return can be accepted.
Cancellation of Orders
Pursuant to the terms above, if you need to cancel your order, at our discretion money can be refunded less a £15 administrative fee, ONLY IF notice is received by MakeBake
24 hours prior to the scheduled delivery date.
Cancellations received with less than 24 hours notice will be charged at 50% of the total order value.
To assist with a speedy resolution of your cancellation request, please advise if you wish to receive a MakeBake member account credit for which you can use against any future purchase, or if you would prefer to receive a direct credit card refund (online credit card orders only).
Alternatively, at our discretion we may issue you a gift voucher.
You will receive an email confirmation once your order cancellation has been processed.
IMPORTANT: ORDERS CANNOT BE CANCELLED ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN DISPATCHED as they are already prepared and are with our courier for delivery – on their way to your address.